LearnServe Programs Manager
LearnServe Programs Manager (full time)
We believe in the power of young people to create change. And we believe that creating change has the power to transform young people. We equip students with practical entrepreneurship and leadership skills to launch innovative social ventures and build sustainable, community-based change – in the Washington, DC region and around the world.
The LearnServe Programs Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of LearnServe’s Fellows and Abroad Programs. The Programs Manager works closely with the CEO and COO in shaping program strategy, goals, and direction. The Programs Manager oversees program staff in delivering on program outcomes.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Team Management: Supervise Fellows and Abroad Program teams – including program coordinators and cohort leaders). Assigns responsibilities, ensures follow-up, manages calendar, and monitors performance. Works closely with CEO (for Fellows Program) and COO (for Abroad Program). (May also support Incubator Program team.)
Program coordinators for each program will be responsible for participant attendance records; meeting logistics (including room availability and technology); management of alumni leaders.
- Recruitment: Lead participant recruitment for Fellows, Incubator, and Abroad Programs. May include close collaboration with LearnServe advisors and teachers at participating schools; school visits and workshops with student groups; manage and participate in student interview and selection process.
- Communication: Correspond by email, text message, and social media with students, parents, and advisors. May include regular (e.g. weekly) program updates, as well as special communications about scheduling, events, and deadlines.
- Meetings: Attend all Fellows and Abroad Program sessions. Fellows typically meet Thursday afternoons, 4-7pm (Sept-May), and occasional Saturday or weekend programs and retreats. Abroad Program typically meets monthly on weekends (February-April; Sept-Oct) and weekly on weekdays beginning in May.
- Events and Supplemental Programs. Lead planning (content, materials, food, and logistics), working closely with team, for signature program events including: Innovators Coffee House (December), Social Action Summit (February / March), Panels and Venture Fair (April), Abroad Send-off Reception (June), and Graduations (June, October). Organize supplemental program activities, including at off-site locations, in accordance with program calendars and strategy.
- Curriculum: Elicit and compile regular feedback from program teams regarding lesson content, flow, and delivery. Contribute to curriculum revisions and review with curriculum consultants, if applicable.
- Evaluation: Support program evaluation by creating surveys / forms, in cooperation with LearnServe staff, recording data where necessary.
- Planning: Attend and contribute to weekly LearnServe team meetings, and support program and organizational strategy and development planning.
- Program Leadership (optional). Co-lead a LearnServe Abroad country experience, including travel as a group leader.
- Other Duties. Lead other efforts, as mutually agreed upon but not to exceed average weekly hours.
Salary range $35- $40K.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.