Want to change the world? Make a difference in your school? Strengthen your leadership skills? Join the LearnServe Fellows Program!
Enrollment in the 2017-2018 LearnServe Fellows Program is now open for rising high school sophomores and juniors in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area!
LearnServe Fellows have the opportunity to
- Connect with like-minded students from schools across the DC area.
- Meet local leaders tackling poverty, hunger, discrimination, climate change, and other pressing social problems, in DC and around the world.
- Develop your leadership skills so that you are prepared to respond to these global challenges.
- Design and launch your own “social venture”—an organization or project that will benefit your school or community.
LearnServe Fellows Program in Brief
- Meet on Thursday afternoons, 4:30–6:30pm weekly, September to May. (All meetings Metro accessible)
- Participate in an overnight weekend retreat (September), two Saturday skills workshops, and two weekend service days.
- Pitch your “ventures” to a review panel of professionals, for seed grants to get your projects started.
LearnServe Fellows are selected through a multi-step process, including: a) nomination by their school; b) an online application; and c) an interview.
Accepted students are asked to pay a non-refundable enrollment fee of $225. Need-based scholarships are available, and no one will be turned away for inability to pay.
For more information ask your LearnServe Advisor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org