Want to change the world? Make a difference in your school? Strengthen your leadership skills? Join the LearnServe Fellows Program!
Enrollment in the 2013-2014 LearnServe Fellows Program is now open for high school rising sophomores and juniors in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area!
Application Deadline is May 20, 2013.
LearnServe Fellows have the opportunity to
- Connect with like-minded students from schools across the DC area.
- Meet local leaders tackling poverty, hunger, discrimination, climate change, and other pressing social problems, in DC and around the world.
- Develop your leadership skills so that you are prepared to respond to these global challenges.
- Design and launch your own “social venture”—an organization or project that will benefit your school or community.
LearnServe Fellows Program in Brief
- Meet on Thursday afternoons, 4:30–6:30pm, three times a month, September to May. (All meetings Metro accessible)
- Participate in a two-day weekend retreat (September) and four weekend service days and skills workshops throughout the year.
- Pitch your “ventures” to a review panel of professionals, for seed grants to get your projects started, offered in conjunction with LearnServe partner Youth Venture.
- LearnServe Fellows are selected through a two-step competitive process, including a nomination by their school, an online application, and an interview.
- For more information ask your LearnServe advisor or contact email@example.com.