LearnServe Abroad Application
Want to travel overseas? Make a difference in someone else’s life? Strengthen your leadership skills? Join the LearnServe Abroad Program!
Applications are now being accepted for 2018 programs in Jamaica, Paraguay, South Africa and Zambia! Apply online here!
LearnServe Abroad travelers have the opportunity to
- Explore a new country, culture, and language
- Connect with like-minded students from schools across the DC area.
- Develop a hands-on understanding of global problems – and solutions
- Design your own action plan to share what you’ve learned with your school and community
LearnServe Abroad Program in Brief
- Meet a total of 42 hours before and after the trip.
- Meetings are on Saturday afternoons from 2:00-5:00pm March-early-May, and Thursday evenings from 4:30 – 6:30 pm late May through late June, with one service day, date TBD. (All meetings are Metro accessible) See the Abroad webpage for more details and the full meeting schedule.
- Travel overseas for two and a half weeks, late June to early July.
- Participate in four follow-up meetings, August to October, designed to help you bring what you’ve learned home to your schools and communities.
For more information ask your school’s LearnServe advisor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.